Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: new AG collector

  1. #1
    Inactive Member amyjoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2004
    Posts
    1,029
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome, you've came to the best place for AG collecting!!!!!!!!
    Congratulations on Samantha!!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!! I'm 45, and have loved AG since I found out about them in the mid-'90's, but I've only been collecting for not quite a year. To see how addictive they are, click on my album link in my signature. (I just posted it yesterday, and I'm so pitifully proud of it, I put it in my signature; now I don't feel quite so technologically challenged!)
    I love the pre-Mattel dolls the best, so most of mine are from ebay; thank goodness for ebay, or I'd be bankrupt by now! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    P.S. I have no daughters to share my collection/mania with, so my 3 sons and my husband all think I'm stark staring MAD! Thank goodness for this board! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!! I'm 45, and have loved AG since I found out about them in the mid-'90's, but I've only been collecting for not quite a year. To see how addictive they are, click on my album link in my signature. (I just posted it yesterday, and I'm so pitifully proud of it, I put it in my signature; now I don't feel quite so technologically challenged!)
    I love the pre-Mattel dolls the best, so most of mine are from ebay; thank goodness for ebay, or I'd be bankrupt by now! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    P.S. I have no daughters to share my collection/mania with, so my 3 sons and my husband all think I'm stark staring MAD! Thank goodness for this board! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lscogbill's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2005
    Posts
    713
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome! I found this board while looking for info on the new movie. I have a young daughter who loves dolls. AG is definitely addicting - can't wait til payday Friday to buy more stuff!! But then I rationalize it all out as "educational supplies" [img]wink.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    The only real difference between the Mattel and preMattel dolls is just that... Mattel didn't make the earlier ones, so many argue that those are of higher quality (Mattel makes Barbie and owns different factories, so it did change a bit how the dolls were made, but Mattel dolls are still great, imo).

    The big difference comes in the early, early AG dolls... the ones made around 1986-87ish. These dolls were made in Germany (like the fancier Gotz line) and have white cloth bodies instead of tan. They can get pretty pricey on eBay.

    Hope you really enjoy getting into AG now... and I'd definitely support getting Josefina- she's just gorgeous!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Willkommen lovemykids - nice meeting you.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ksami's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 30th, 2005
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome!!

    Yay, another AZ collector! I think that makes a whopping... 3 of us? [img]biggrin.gif[/img] And another Samantha collector, too - you're going to love her tons. She's a beautiful doll.

    When AGPLA opens next year, we west-coasters should try to arrange a meeting there!

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner aggirl479's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2005
    Posts
    1,030
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board! This is where I go everytime I'm on the computer, no matter what [img]biggrin.gif[/img] . You'll have a lot of fun here! I have Josefina, and she is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dolllover's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2004
    Posts
    2,583
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!!!!!!!!! We will definitely help strenghten your American Girl addiction. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner Kaileyfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10th, 2005
    Posts
    1,752
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Welcome to the board!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •